The better alternative to traditional disposable plates: 100% naturally and totally compostable.
Did you know that, in the U.S. alone, they are throwing out around a 1,000 billion (yes, that’s a trillion!) disposable plates and utensils a year?
Our aim is to significantly decrease this wastage.
Our Leafplates™ are made from the naturally shed leaf sheaths of the Areca Palm Tree. Palm leaves have been used in India as plates and food vessels for hundreds of years, particularly for social events and celebrations. And now, as a by-product of over 750,000 acres of existing Areca tree plantations, we can bring you these totally compostable and biodegradable – and very stylish – disposable plates made without any chemicals, resins, dyes or synthetic materials.
- The palm leaves are simply collected, pressure washed, scrubbed, sun dried, then with the application of extreme heat and pressure, sterilised and formed into our plate shapes.
- All natural, no chemicals, resins, dyes or synthetic materials.
- And that also means they’re an absolutely sustainable by-product that would otherwise have been discarded or burnt.
- When you’re done with them, you can just feel good about disposing them! Just pop them on the compost pile or in the green bin and within 6-8 weeks they will fully biodegrade.
- We ship them via sea shipping containers directly from India to Australia. Container ships have the capacity to carry several large warehouses worth of goods on a single journey. A recent study by Lloyd’s Register found that the carbon efficiency on a per-mile cargo volume basis has improved 75% in the last 30 years.
A truly sustainable eco-friendly product!